Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Journey of the Tree - released for sale !

You know how some things just come together and you are fully aware the Universe is orchestrating them into being? The concept, story and artwork in my Aesopian like fable manifested in just that miraculous sort of way. My excitement over the project has grown enormously as people and events have guided this work to publication –  but it is a circumstance I would never have visualized 4 years ago.......
 

http://bookstore.balboapress.com/Products/SKU-000683774/The-Journey-Of-The-Tree.aspx



When my 10 year marriage ended, I felt like an unlovable failure. I had spent the majority of those years being not much more than a mother with sexual favours (can I say that?), investing so much of myself in a relationship that was pretty one sided and narcissistic (**).  I found myself pouring my energies into fulfilling someone else’s dreams, at the expense of my own health, longing for this person to notice, love and care for me. One day I realised it was never going to happen, and if I was going to live a life that fulfilled me – one where I allowed myself to be happy – I had to find the courage to change things. This is the story of that journey.


After I bravely left this unhealthy relationship and began to heal, I found myself seeking release in writing and art. Utilizing products from the local landscape and a stash of dress making fabrics, our home quickly turned into an artist’s studio.  My children wanted to join in all the fun of making collages, so for a couple of weeks we lived in a whirlwind of glue, fabric, sequins and paper mache! ‘The Journey of the Tree’  - my journey - was born, and as the work came together, I realized it was something many people would relate to, and find encouragement from. 


The book is written for the senior primary age group, but  it is also a beautiful tool that can be used to explain to a partner how close to breaking point you are feeling relationally. As was the case in my relationship, my own words never seemed to get through, but, like the parables of Jesus, sometimes a story is an inoffensive way of helping a message be heard.


Because of the books illustrated nature, it also makes a great gift, particularly for those going through a traumatic time relationally. It provides a gentle nudge towards making  healthy changes – whether that’s seeking counseling, setting boundaries, or leaving destructive circumstances. We all need to coureagously follow that still small voice telling us to make changes that "will keep us from dying completely."

I love most of all that it is a parable with many layers, and being in a simple genuine style, it is as suitable for older primary students as it is for their parents. Everyone on the planet deserves to be in a loving relationship, and to live a life honouring their heart.
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGqEB05nH2o

Purchase your AUTOGRAPHED COPY by contacting me at kesenyabaker@bigpond.com or purchase the ebook here http://bookstore.balboapress.com/Products/SKU-000683774/The-Journey-Of-The-Tree.aspx .
 
 
 'May this story inspire you to know that you are worthy of total love, harmony and abundance'
 
"There is no triumph without courage"
 
 
(**) Narcissism is a term that originated with Narcissus in Greek mythology who fell in love with his own image reflected in a pool of water. Currently it is used to describe the pursuit of gratification from vanity, or egotistic admiration of one's own physical or mental attributes, that derive from arrogant pride.
Interestingly, co-dependent personalities are drawn to narcissists relationally - that is an area I need to focus on for improvement !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link within

Related Posts with Thumbnails